Smile makeover procedures are gaining traction in the field of cosmetic dentistry across the globe. There are several painless, non-invasive methods that can impart a sparkling and healthy smile, such as porcelain veneers. These help transform your smile, improving your overall appearance because a healthy smile paves the way to a healthy mind, body, and soul.
The quality of material and high standard of care offered by the dentist in Willowdale, North York, ON, is incomparable when it comes to cosmetic and restorative dental treatments such as porcelain veneers.
An insight into porcelain veneers
A porcelain veneer is a high-quality, ultra-slim shell that snugly fits the anterior (front) surface of your teeth. These tooth-colored coatings are customized according to the shape, size, and shade of your natural teeth. The prime focus of porcelain veneers is to revitalize your smile and overall appearance.
Employing porcelain veneers in cosmetic dentistry
Porcelain veneers are often preferred in cosmetic dentistry to treat the following conditions:
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Teeth that appear smaller than their normal size
- Diastema (space or gaps between the teeth)
- Slightly crooked and crowded teeth
- Tooth discoloration that does not improve with teeth whitening
- Misshapen teeth
Porcelain veneers are superior smile makeover solutions
Porcelain veneers offer several advantages, making them the most desired restorations in cosmetic dentistry. They:
- Are tooth-colored
- Easily blend with your natural teeth
- Are stain and fracture-resistant
- Offer excellent durability
- Have a long lifespan ranging between 10 to 15 years
Porcelain veneers- understanding the procedure
Getting porcelain veneers is pain-free and does not require a lot of visits. Let’s dive into the procedure:
- During the first visit, your dentist will evaluate your teeth and surrounding structures to ensure they are healthy.
- Your dentist may administer a local anesthetic (a numbing agent) if you suffer from tooth sensitivity.
- An adequate amount of the enamel layer will be removed to prepare the tooth for veneers.
- Oral impressions will be recorded and sent to the lab to create a model. This helps to fabricate the porcelain veneers.
- Meanwhile, you will be given temporary veneers until you get the permanent ones.
- At your second visit, your dentist will remove the temporary veneers, clean your teeth, and apply a bonding agent on the prepared tooth surface.
- The porcelain veneers will be cemented and polished before you are sent home.
Post-procedure care for long-lasting results
- Brush your teeth twice daily
- Floss regularly
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year
- Avoid habits like smoking, nail-biting, or object biting
- Use mouthguards while playing active sports
An unaesthetic smile can ruin your confidence and self-esteem. Porcelain veneers are great solutions to rebuild that confidence and show off those pearly whites.